Re: Elizabeth Grummer

RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 28 Nov 2016 18:32:28 -0500

text/plain

There are some performances that you never forget. One for me is Grummer's Met debut in Boston in Lohengrin with the Met on tour which I wrote about earlier. Here was this idealized young girl on stage, portrayed by Grummer then age 56. I was not alone in shock at her discovery. Everyone was talking about her during the intermissions. I can still clearly see her in my mind's eye fifty years later.

Best.

Ray