Subject: Re: Met Titles | Are they worth writing to Peter Gelb about ?
From: Alain Letort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 21 Nov 2016 18:44:57 -0500

Dear Listers,

Thank you very much for all your supportive and encouraging responses.  I had read Idia
Legray’s post of some 10 days ago (I don’t remember the exact date) telling us of the
positive response she had received from the Met regarding her issue, and that was what
encouraged me to put my question to the List in the first place.

I will indeed write to Peter Gelb and will “cc” the French Embassy’s New York-based
Cultural Attaché at 972 Fifth Avenue.  I will also suggest to the French Cultural Attaché
that she try and find a French company sponsor who, as Deutsche Bank does for German-
language titles, would be willing to underwrite part of the cost of French-language titles.

I will of course let you all know what response I receive from the Met, provided, of
course, that I receive one.

Thanks and all the best,

Alain

Alain Letort