Subject: Somebody up there listened
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 15 Nov 2016 08:33:29 -0500

I promised all of you a follow-up from my disappointment of being kind
of "sluffed off" when I attempted to exchange my "Guillaume Tell" tickets
for another opera.  I had chosen "Salome" but the seats they offered me
were not very accessible ones and I told them I found 2 decent seats on
Row O that were open but they (the original cool representative and then
the supervisor) refused to let me have them even though they were
cheaper than the Tell tickets and available, saying they were given certain
seats to the "Tell people" and I would have to abide by them.
Well at my age I could neither climb stairs nor hear way in the back so I
declined.

However, I got so many e-mails from concerned listers suggesting that I
send in all the e-mails and see what happens that I finally decided to give
it a go.
I really never thought an e-mail addressed to Peter Gelb would produce
any results but I was wrong.
A representative (hero really) named Brett came to my rescue and was
really very sympathetic with my plight.

Bottom line:  I got some very fine seats to see Patricia Racette, a favorite
of mine and the consummate actress of today's crop, in "Salome".
I could be happier or more grateful.
So I thank you all for your encouraging responses.  It is because of you
that this all happened.
With gratitude, Idia