Subject: Carlo Bergonzi/box office
From: David Shengold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 21 Nov 2016 08:17:36 +0000

I am away from my library, but doesn't Bing say in one of his books that throughout the 1960s he paid Bergonzi the Met's top fee (presumably the same as Nilsson and Corelli)?
He must have seen him as a valuable box office asset...
One of my favorite singers *ever* among those whom I heard live...
Best - David Shengold