Subject: Re: Clara Petrella (was Mario Del Monaco as Des Grieux)
From: Laurence Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 20 Nov 2016 19:31:43 -0500

MdM was the most exciting tenor I have ever seen. He always gave 300%, and
the mere sound of his voice, live, was an true experience. I saw him in Otello,
Norma, Carmen, Chenier, Pagliacci, Ernani, Tosca and S&D. Sadly, you had to
be there.
And that is kinda weird for me because my favorite tenors were/are Björling
(my very favorite), Valletti, Bergonzi and Kraus, all of whom I have seen on the
stage.
MdM was one of a kind. Love him!!!!!