Subject: Re: Mario Del Monaco as Des Grieux with Clara Petrella
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 20 Nov 2016 20:31:44 +0000

Recently I have been listening and watching some live performances by Del Monaco on You Tube and found them rather thrilling. I never saw him live, but many I knew who did see him live at the Met, loved him.  I think he had to be heard live to be really appreciated, as his voice may have had too much squlilo to sound it's best on records though his Di Quella Pira recording sounded great when I last heard it.