Subject: Re: Gypsy Obsession
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 15 Nov 2016 17:05:07 -0500

Thanks Steve; isn't it great the way one link leads to
another?   I can now reaffirm what I said about Bette
Midler in GYPSY:  she's the only one who can be even
remotely compared to the sublime original of Ethel
Merman.  I was beginning to fear that the '93 TV version
was lost for good, but there it is, complete, on Youtube,
showing up everything that's wrong with the recent tacky
English effort.

Hallelujah!

dtmk