Subject: Re: Dimitri Mitropoulos
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 19 Nov 2016 19:38:08 -0500

He also seemed to be a rather shy and self-effacing person. I remember when he

was interviewed on the Edward R. Murrow show he was asked about his busy schedule.

His answer was that he was not at all busy.  He hadn't conducted opera at the Met in a

while -not  since a few days ago!  I loved his conducting - the Boris with Tozzi and Hines

just to name of many.  Tebaldi is reported to have said that with Mitropoulos conducting

she had to keep at eye on him more so than other conductors - he was impulsive.

Years ago in Edinburgh I picked up a 4-CD collection of his recordings on the Artone label.

 The Franck d minor is great and the other pieces are all top notch.

Angelo from Boston