Subject: Bocelli (!) Martinez Domingo Manon Lescaut Decca 2014
From: "Takis Pavl." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 19 Nov 2016 16:13:21 +0000

Preparing for this Manon Lescaut production at the MET, I accidentally discovered that Decca released a Manon Lescaut recording in 2014 with none other than Andrea Bocelli as Des Grieux, conducted by Placido Domingo... wtf? I thought we were past the Bocelli recordings but then here comes Domingo, an important (ex)tenor and agrees to conduct such a fake pairing. Ana Maria Martinez is Manon. Has anyone listened to this recording? I found samples on youtube and Bocelli is doing his usual light singing I don't think would work in an opera house.

Takis