Subject: Re: Clarification of my Tebaldi - Manon Lescaut comment
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 19 Nov 2016 00:12:50 +0000

I was very lucky to be handed a free ticket while outside the Met one Saturday afternoon, for a Manon Lescaut with Tucker and Raina Kabaiwanska. Tucker was truly great and Raina was wonderful as Manon. To me, she sounded like a lighter voiced Tebaldi, with more secure top notes. On You Tube, I have been watching excerpts of various performances with Anna, even some from the Met dress rehearsal and even the opening night performance. To my jaded ears, she is magnificent as Manon. The more I hear this soprano, the  more I love her. She is now one of my all time favorite sopranos, assuming that she sounds as good in the House as she does on TV and You Tube.