Subject: Re: Destroying Your Patrimony (formerly, Met Jenyfa-Nov 19)
From: RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 18 Nov 2016 11:38:54 -0500

Empty seats.

I wonder if it is breaking the habit or tradition of attending Met performances because you have been disgusted by so many of the new Met productions presented under the Gelb regime. It then doesn't matter if an isolated Met production is excellent or brilliantly cast.  The numbing effect of over a decade of largely disastrous productions has been to marginalize the attending of opera performances out of your daily life.

It's called "destroying your patrimony", Mr. Gelb.

Giuseppe Verdi new best: "Theaters were meant to be full, not empty."

Best.
Ray

***