Subject: Re: Met Jenyfa-Nov 19
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 18 Nov 2016 10:45:04 -0500

spp: I certainly agree with you.  It seems surprising to me that "Jenufa"
doesn't attract more of an audience.
Several years ago I saw it at a comfortably filled Met when Mattila was
playing Jenufa, and I can tell you that our audience was so taken with it
that at the end there was complete silence and then suddenly thunderous
applause.
It was a memorable and touching experience.

This year the Met also suffered from a lack of filled seats, yet the cast was
most worthy.  I wonder if the economy has something to do with it.