Subject: Malyn Bystrom and other matters
From: "Mitchell, Katalin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 15 Nov 2016 17:54:56 +0000

Bystrom was terrific in Don G.  But I only saw the HD.
Was in the house on Saturday for both Tell and Jenufa… both performances
were absolutely superb (I did not even mind the staging, if only there
were more trees and less stones - and that applies also to Jenufa), but
while one was packed in the afternoon, the other was much less well
attended in the evening.  I guess I should not be surprised… One is
Rossini, and Janacek may be harder on many ears.

By the way, does anyone know why there are sub-titles in italian, french,
german and spanish for most operas, when they do a French opera, there are
no French subtitles. This is the second time it happens to me; when the
performance is in a language I can speak, I prefer to read the subtitles
in that language, but French is not available. WHY?

Again, did anyone see Kathy Battle’s recital? Curious if she still has the
goods.
Kati

On 11/14/16, 4:59 PM, "Discussion of opera and related issues on behalf of
Ken Wilson" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of