Subject: Re: Manon Lescaut: NY Times
From: Michael Liebert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 Nov 2016 18:02:44 -0500

Rather large number of Orchestra seats remain for Monday Nov 21:

http://www.metopera.org/seat-selector?perf=13967#/level/1

I notice too that the seats in both back corners are mostly unavailable
which strikes me as strange as these are the seats that frequently go for
$25.  Prices don't seem as elevated as they have been in the past when
Netrebko is scheduled to perform either.

If asked a couple of years ago with the delightful old Manon Lescaut
production and Netrebko singing, I would have said I would crawl across
broken glass to get a ticket.  But with the current outrageous production, I
think I'll just listen on the radio.  Once in the house, last year, was
enough for me.