Subject: Manon Lescaut at the Met
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 Nov 2016 14:46:22 -0500

I have no idea if there were empty seats this week, but I
would not be surprised if there were. It has never had
the box office success that Butterfly, Boheme and Tosca
command. All the way back, at the Old Met, I saw a number
 of A+ casts that had lots of empty seats, and a few that
were very well sold.

Tebaldi's run preceded me; I've been told they sold
very well, and the Scotto/Domingo premiere packed
'em in, but it's had a very checkered history at the box
office.

If it wasn't a full house, don't blame it on Netrebko.

Bob