Subject: Re: Mr Trump Thank Bernie Sanders for your victory
From: Marc Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 14 Nov 2016 13:30:46 -0500

This isn't the first time in history that secular technological changes
caused economic dislocation: after the automobile was invented, there was a
lot less demand for horse wranglers.

This is a segment of the electorate that both parties had ignored for a
long time. Trump targeted them, and he is president-elect today, because
those folks voted, and much of the Obama coalition stayed home.

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 1:16 PM, Ron Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>

> As usual, Bob Rideout’s post is instructive and illuminating.  I would
> just like to add that the people displaced by these other jobs are in many,
> if not most cases, unqualified for them.  They are left behind, abandoned.
> These are the people who made up the rapidly disappearing middle class that
> made our economic engine roar.  What happens to them?  They are so
> disillusioned that they voted for a man like DT.  What happens to us as a
> nation?  What happens to us as a people?

Marc Shepherd
New York, NY

Modify your settings: