Subject: Re: Mr Trump Thank Bernie Sanders for your victory
From: Ron Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 14 Nov 2016 13:16:00 -0500

> On Nov 14, 2016, at 10:06 AM, Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>  Yes, there were many
> manufacturing jobs lost because of International trade agreements,
> but verifiable statistics indicate that other jobs were created which
> more or less created a net zero effect as a result of Globalization.

As usual, Bob Rideout’s post is instructive and illuminating.  I would just like to add that the people displaced by these other jobs are in many, if not most cases, unqualified for them.  They are left behind, abandoned.  These are the people who made up the rapidly disappearing middle class that made our economic engine roar.  What happens to them?  They are so disillusioned that they voted for a man like DT.  What happens to us as a nation?  What happens to us as a people?

Ron Magnuson