Subject: Re: Mr Trump Thank Bernie Sanders for your victory
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 14 Nov 2016 10:06:36 -0500

I agree completely, except for the Global part. Yes, there were many
manufacturing jobs lost because of International trade agreements,
but verifiable statistics indicate that other jobs were created which
more or less created a net zero effect as a result of Globalization.

It is technology that has created the real loss of employment
in the USA. My local CVS has three machines that perform check
out functions, replacing three cashiers at registers, and it's
happening everywhere. Mr. Trump is not going to make that better.

BTW, you cannot have it both ways.You cannot complain about
losing jobs to Asia, for instance, and then rejoice that you got your
kids their Easter outfits at Walmarts for 12 or 15 bucks. If they were
made here you'd be paying 32 or 35 bucks. Every coin has two sides.

There are no easy answers; beware of snake oil peddlers!

Bob