Subject: Recommended Albums
From: Michael at Ariascribe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 13 Nov 2016 14:28:52 -0800

My iPhone/iPad App (The Opera Player) is free on the Apple App store. I get several downloads a week. However, I suspect that many of the people who download it do not actually have any Operas on their device. In my next release (sometime next week if the Apple App Review people agree), I have added a message that comes up if the app does not find any albums. It provides a link to some recommendations - still quite barebones:

http://ariascribe.com/operas.html <http://ariascribe.com/operas.html>

This list is intended to be basically un-curated and un-commented. And, of course, the albums must be available on iTunes.

My hope is that new-comers to opera who try one of these albums will really enjoy what they hear, so I plan to keep this list small and (hopefully) link to the operas that are the most likely to appeal to neophytes.

If any of you have suggestions for this list, I would really appreciate hearing about them. I will look for them on iTunes - you don’t have to do that.

Thanks in advance

Michael

PS: If you haven’t tried my App out yet, please do. It's free, and I would love feedback. (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id981349092?mt=8 <https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id981349092?mt=8>)
The new version has some improvements, mainly to the way I show track titles. It will also find opera-related albums (like “The Three Tenors” or “Operamania” and show them in the “Other Album” tab.