Subject: Re: Imelda Staunton in "Gypsy"
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 13 Nov 2016 19:55:34 +0000

I regret that I did not see Merman in Gypsy, especially since I loved her on the Broadway cast album. A friend of mine, who was not a fan of Merman, said that he was so stunned after Ma Ma's turn ,that he could not applaud for a minute or so. I tried to watch this new TV production, but could not stand the leading lady, who I had never heard of.