Subject: Marta Fuchs Discography, Die Walküre Act II and live Die Walküre
From: Arbe Bareis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 13 Nov 2016 09:48:47 -0500

I was listening to the excellent Act II of Die Walküre with Lotte Lehmann,
Lauritz Melchior, and Marta Fuchs yesterday. As you know, the Lehmann/Bruno
Walter scenes are from 1935 Vienna and the Fuchs/Seidler-Winkler scenes are
from Berlin 1938. I then listened to Marta Fuchs sing "War es so schmählich"
from Act III, also from Berlin 1938, obviously from the same sessions. Does
anyone know if she recorded anything more from Act III? I can't find a Marta
Fuchs discography (although I just ordered the biography of her in German.
Perhaps it will be there).

In a discography on Bayreuth it was mentioned that Preiser was going to
issue a complete live Bayreuth Walküre with Fuchs. This has not
materialized. Does anyone know anything about that?

Arbe Bareis