Subject: John Robert Dunlap- thoughts?
From: David Shengold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 12 Nov 2016 18:14:54 +0000

Hello
Bob White mentioned this American baritone who debuted as Sharpless opposite Renata Scotto's Met debut in 1966. His only other role was Jim Larkens in FANCIULLA--ending with the first ( student) performance in the new house.

Kolodin's book treats him as a non-event, someone who had researched period style and costume but could not be heard. I have learned not to take Kolodin as Holy Writ.

Does anyone on the list have recollection of his work? I found a photo of him singing Rigoletto as late as 1983 with West Bay Opera.
Thanks - David Shengold