Subject: Re: The Met- a mean spirited company
From: J Counsil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 8 Nov 2016 15:47:10 +0000

This is not  new and not attributable to Gelb alone.  Years ago when the Met was presenting Domingo, Pavarotti and Carreras in a Three Tenors type event, I sent in my first, second and third choice for said event.  I was a loyal and long time subscriber to the Met . I and many of my friends, also  loyal Met subscribers, waited and waited for our tickets. When I contacted the box office I was told that I wasn't given any of my choices. As a matter of fact I had no tickets.  I was told that  the Met was using this opportunity of the Three Tenors Event  as a recruitment event for those who were not subscribers. We were already loyal so we didn't count!  I got tickets through a friend of a friend who got four tickets.  BTW/ she attended the Met, maybe three times in five years and seldom after this.   How and why they do thinks is unfathomable to me.  I now live in New Mexico so I no longer have to deal with their nonsense.  J. Counsil