Subject: « Roméo et Juliette » at Met in January
From: Alain Letort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 11 Nov 2016 21:27:33 -0500

Dear Listers,

My partner Lynne Price and I called the Met earlier today and asked if we could exchange
our subscription tickets to « Roméo et Juliette » from Monday, January 10 in the evening to
the matinée of Saturday, July 21.

After initially hesitating and answering that such an exchange could only be done by mail
and without any guarantees, the CSR (customer sales representative) clerk consulted with a
supervisor and came back on saying it would not be a problem at all, and that her
supervisor had instructed her to perform the exchange right then and there on the phone.
The matinée tickets are actually $31 more expensive than the Tuesday evening tickets, so
why would the Met possibly object to making the exchange?

The CSR also asked me why I would wish to exchange our tickets for tickets that are $31
more expensive, and I answered that WE LIVE IN WASHINGTON, D.C., AND CANNOT BEAR
THE THOUGHT OF BEING IN TOWN WHILE THE ANTICHRIST, HIS BOTOXED AND
SILICONED WHORE, AND THEIR BARBARIC HORDE OF DEPLORABLES INVADE OUR
BELOVED CITY, so we thought that exchanging our Met tickets for the weekend of Jan. 19-
21 would allow us to escape this repulsive exhibition.

The CSR laughed so hard that she practically fell out of her chair, and when she had
recovered her composure, she said she was very happy that the Met was able to offer us
this escape route, and hoped that we would have a very enjoyable weekend in New York.
Just avoid Fifth Avenue, she said, because the entire block facing the Monster’s skyscraper
residence had been cordoned off and that traffic on the East Side was hopelessly tangled.
So no shopping at Tiffany’s, Bulgari or Gucci for us, I’m afraid.  ;) ;) ;)

By the way, I thought that Bob Rideout’s comments on the election a couple of days ago
were SPOT ON and I agree with every word he said.  So there.

Cheers and best regards,

Alain

Alain Letort
from the future Lair of the Beast