Subject: Re: IT'S OVER AND IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON TO OPERA
From: Charles Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 11 Nov 2016 20:41:42 -0500

tolerant and compassionate with each other in a time like this.>>

In case you haven't noticed, that's not the way most folks here operate."

True Dat.  I haven't exactly seen an outpouring of tolerance for the half of the electorate who
voted for Donald Trump.  But then, I guess for some people, tolerance and compassion only
apply until someone disagrees with you.  At least people on Opera-l aren't rioting and beating
up old men with Trump stickers on their cars, like the Anti-Trump crowd is currently doing
across the country.  Such sterling examples of tolerance and compassion!!  And here I
thought it was the Trumpers who were the violent extremists.  Such irony.

I particularly love all the little Snowflakes on our college campuses who are weeping and
wailing and demanding that classes be canceled so they can Process Their Grief.  Hey kiddies
- welcome to the real world; it's not a nice place and it doesn't give a damn about your tender
little feelings and it doesn't give you Safe Spaces for your fainting couches.  Time to grow up
and grow a pair.

CMH