Subject: Re: why Hillary lost the election
From: Frank Cadenhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 10 Nov 2016 23:57:53 +0100

Hi Raymond,
   I liked your original post and understand and feel the rage. I read all of the postings on this and agree it is an absolute disaster. But it has been coming for decades and nobody seems to care. The lifespan of working class white American males is actually decreasing as they deal with drugs, drink, depression, declining income, loss of work, absurdly expensive health care, worry that the $650 they have saved will not be enough for retirement, etc. etc. The wealth of America has been sucked up by the plutocrats, but this story has been going on since Reagan. The only leadership offered by the dems was one picked by absolutely clueless "insiders" and they chose one who has made millions dining with those very plutocrats - those same plutocrats Obama plays golf with. This decline is not recent. It is structural and has been in progress for a very long time. If it took the election of an absolute idiot to wake people up, then it's too late for an easy solution. In France, a doctor named Joseph-Ignace Guillotin helped invent a tool to achieve real change after the French revolution. I hope the changes coming to America can be more easily made. We can discuss the failure of leadership (at all levels for both parties) in America until the cows come home but wonder if it should be here. Like most Americans, I hope I see new leaders soon. (How about a new board for the Met?)
(If it's any consulation, 8 of 10 French in a poll today dislike Trump.)
Frank Cadenhead