Subject: Re: november 8 and the rise of barbarism
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 9 Nov 2016 17:09:39 -0500

Yes, I know, no politics, but this is the day after an unprecidented election and some people
may want to vent.

I'm not happy (to put it mildly) that Donald Trump is our president.  (My wife and I kept
looking at each other last night and asking, "How did we get to this place?")  But on the
brighter side, the irredeemably corrupt Clintons have finally been purged from our political
system; in a situation like this, I take my consolation where I can find it.

Like Dracula in an old Hammer Horror film, just when you thought the Clintons were finished,
here they would come again, the monster resurrected.  One commentator described them as
"the penicillin-resistant strain of syphilis in our political system."  Well, finally we have a cure.
Unfortunately, the cure may well prove to be as unpleasant as the old mercury and arsenic
treatments were in treating syphilis 100 years ago.  We'll see.  I'm an incurable optimist.

It certainly is going to be a wild ride.  Fortunately, our country is extremely resilient.  If it can
survive six years of Richard Nixon and eight years of Barack Obama, it can probably survive
Donald Trump more-or-less intact.

Modify your settings: