Subject: Re: november 8 and the rise of barbarism
From: Marty Clesceri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 14 Nov 2016 15:10:17 -0500

Bob, I'm with you.

13 states have approved of eliminating the Electoral College, including,
mine, California.  It only take 12 more states, for a total of 25 to
eliminate it completely without a Constitutional Amendment.  I'm of the
opinion that the popular vote should be the modern way elect our
politicians.  Our founders wanted the College because they didn't trust the
voters and wanted men of substance (property owners) to elect favored MEN.

Those days must be over in an enlightened society.  At least over half of
the population was "enlightened" and the other half gets their information
from social media, the internet and Fox.  The rust belt and the South hasn't
figured out through ignorance and stupidity that the manufacturing jobs are
just gone, coal mining will help destroy the planet, and technology is a
real fact of current life and a global economy's rise can't be stopped.
Going back per the Trump doctrine isn't any help for these unemployed
voters.  In 10 years cars and trucks will drive themselves - robots will
continue to replace workers - then what will the under educated people do?
This was my last chance to elect a qualified woman to the Presidency instead
of a detestable Trump - I thought we had progressed with the election of
President Obama - now I know we are still overwhelmingly racist and sexist
which equals - ignorant.  The facists took over Germany not because they
were strong, but because democracy was weak.  Shades of the 1930's are
enveloping the "civilized" world.

My contribution to opera - Jonas Kaufmann canceled his latest recital due to
a serious cold.