Subject: Re: SF Opera "Aida"
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 7 Nov 2016 14:37:32 -0800

Here's my "nonstandard but potentially great" cast suggestion who could look, act and sound terrific:

Conductor: Dudamel
Aida: Malin Bystrom
Radames: Brandon Jovanovich
Amneris: Elina Garanca
Amonasro: Gerald Finley
Ramfis: Erwin Schrott
Priestess: Anita Hartig

Some will scratch their heads at the Bystrom idea.  I think, at least heard live, she has a beautiful voice that, when let out, is huge.  She has the necessary instrumental control of her high register, she's very slender and with the right makeup and costume she can look stunning.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPhone