Subject: The Met- a mean spirited company
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 7 Nov 2016 17:19:15 -0500

I guess right now I'd better take another deep breath because I am so
shocked, hurt and disillusioned with "my home away from home" that after
this season I will no longer support the Met with my usual Christmas
donation and myriad tickets to in-house performances.
I will only do HD from now on.

I called the box office to claim my new tickets in exchange for our
Guillaume Tell tickets which never came to fruition after the 3rd act.

I was given the list of operas available and immediately was thrilled to
choose a date when I was available to drive back to New York, Sat matinee
December 17 for Salome.

I told them I would like to have Row O Seats 22 and 24 which I noticed
were available.  They refused to give them to me even though they were
available and cheaper than the Tell tickets, citing the fact that only "certain
seats" were set aside and in this case all the way in the back was all that
was left.
We are elderly and cannot possibly be in the back and I cannot climb to go

This is cruel, and mean of them to do this, to say nothing of a very bad
business practice.  As a result I will not be attending nor supporting the
Met with my checkbook any longer except for HD's in my own
How disgraceful of them!  Looks like I cared much more about them than
they did for me.  Very sad!

Modify your settings: