Subject: Re: SF Opera "Aida"
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 7 Nov 2016 14:25:13 -0500

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 10:53 AM, Max D. Winter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I think ideal casting for an "Aida" with currently active singers would
> be:  Aida - Anna Netrebko; Radames - Jonas Kaufmann; Amneris - Jamie Barton;

> Amonasro - ?

Vitaliy Bilyy

Ever since I saw Bilyy's Miller on this Youtube clip from the Israeli
Opera, I wanted to know more about him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pg1VrHds-s

I know that her acting (or rather the lack thereof) works against her, but
I still think that Monastyrska's voice is perfectly carved for Aida. No
disagreement about Netrebko, though.

I also want to join thanks to Max Paley for his, as usual, thoughtful and
erudite post.

Vesna