Subject: Re: Tucker Gala on Medici
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 1 Nov 2016 20:28:27 +0000

I agree about the sound, it was rather weak, even with headphones.  I thought Anna was outstanding.  Can't figure what voice category to put Ms Wilson in.  She sounds to me as a large lyric or barely a spinto, but that may be due to the Medici sound. Her gown styles were definitely not suited to her full sized body. Anna's gown would have been much better for her. I did not much care for the tenors or the other soprano. Fleming is beginning to sound her age, though she still has a pleasant sound.