Subject: Saturday's Aida
From: Buoso Donati <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 7 Nov 2016 07:37:37 -0500

Since I only heard the first part of Act Two (while in the car) my post will
be limited to the Aida/Amneris duet

To my ears, the timbre of the two voices was so similar, I'd be hard pressed
to distinguish between them if I didn't know the opera so well.

Secondly, but most importantly, where was the "fire"?
Aida and Amneris sounded like they were having an argument over who saw the
cute dress first.

Modify your settings: