Subject: Re: Ashes-Scatterer Apologies in Letter to Gelb
From: Neil Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 5 Nov 2016 07:01:34 +1000

I have been following this thread with interest and amazement from my
home in Australia.

Maybe it's where I live that causes me to think that the inconvenience
suffered by patrons is as much caused by the action of the Met
management in cancelling the rest if the performance as anything else.
It seems to me that it would have been a comparatively simple matter to
find out from the "perpetrator" what he had thrown; he would have
detailed what it was and confirmation that it was ashes would be easy.

I know that all of the above is much easier to say than to put into
practice.  But gee whizz what an over-reaction.

Neil M (reaching for the safety headgear)