Subject: see you at the opera in DC in November (maybe the theater in NYC) and a note on the ashen cancellation of Tell/Falsettos
From: Alan Savada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 4 Nov 2016 14:46:22 -0400

Hi folks,

I was in NYC last weekend as you know from my postings an in attendance at the cancelled Guillaume Tell at the Met. When I sent those postings out, we were not too clear on the true story, and now that the whole world knows and the listers have seem to make this a huge subject, I just wish to say three things. It was a horrible experience for everyone there, and yes, we were all disappointed, and yes many people had financial losses, but we are ALL ALIVE & WELL. That is most important. Secondly, this guy is indeed wrong, and if the Met chooses NOT to press charges, that is their business, while our opinions might be welcome, it really does not matter in the end.

Thirdly and finally, contrary to what many posted, the Met did indeed offer me a credit for the 2017-2018 season as I had already purchased all the tickets I wanted for this season, which I am indeed most grateful for.

In the heat of all this and my 3+ day trip to NYC, I completely failed to announce where I will be this month in case anybody wishes to meet up:

November 4-tonite-Signature Theatre (Arlington VA)-world premiere production of the musical FREAKY FRIDAY

November 6, Sunday matinee(4pm)-Creative Cauldron (Falls Church, VA)-world premiere production of the new (children's) musical

OLIVER TWIST starring my hubby, Will Stevenson

November 10, Thursday-opening night of Arena Stage (DC) new production of CAROUSEL

November 12, Saturday-opening night Washington Natl opera LA FILLE DU REGIMENT (Daughter of the Regiment)

November 13, Sunday(matinee)-Eric Owens & Susanna Phillips duo recital at UDC (presented by WPAS)

November 15, Tuesday-season opening of Vocal Arts DC at UDC-BEN BLISS, tenor & Lachlen Glen, piano

November 17, Thursday-Constellation Theater(at Source Theater DC)-METROPOLIS

November 19, Saturday-Baltimore Symphony BEETHOVENs 9th

November 20, Sunday-Washington Concert Opera (Lisner at GW Univ)HERODIADE(ElKhoury/Fabiano/Martens)

November 23, Wednesday(matinee)-Broadway WAITRESS

November 25, Friday (matinee)-Broadway CATS

November 29, Tuesday-Signature Theatre (Arlington VA)-world premiere of the new musical SILVER BELLES

I would also like to say that when in NYC last weekend I saw FALSETTOS and can not recommend it enough. I was able to see the original over two decades ago and this show still runs fresh and has a beyond brilliant cast!!

ALAN SAVADA of Washington, DC

Modify your settings: