Subject: Ashes; Kate Smith
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 3 Nov 2016 13:40:13 -0400

Ok yes, sometimes an apology is not enough. But maybe the Met overreacted. I dunno. You think that putz can pay up? Unlikely is a modest assumption.

So I was told Smith studied with an old castrato. Now she is self taught.
She was a contralto and she sang chest throughout her range. That is demanding and causes shortening of the range. It also shortens the life of the instrument.
So untaught? Well taught? Both cannot be true.
RP

Sent from my iPhone