Subject: Re: Ashes-Scatterer Apologies in Letter to Gelb
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 3 Nov 2016 12:43:54 -0400

Ken Wilson wrote:

"I was disappointed in Gelb's somewhat grudging response, which noted all the harm the guy
had just apologized for."

I was at the canceled "Tell," and I was some steamed at this guy when I found out the reason
for the cancellation.  But I agree with Mr. Harrison that some forgiveness is warranted and
that, however foolish his actions, the guy's heart was in the right place.  I actually feel kind of
sorry for him.  However, given the damage the Met sustained as a result of his actions, not to
mention the inconvenience caused to thousands of Met patrons, I think it was quite
appropriate, and not at all ungracious or grudging, for Gelb to note the damage caused while
accepting the apology.  After all, the Met is having to pick up the tab for this bizarre farce.

MDW