Subject: Re: Tucker Gala on Medici
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 2 Nov 2016 13:16:19 -0400

Allowing for Medici's questionable sound (the voices seemed to occupy a
space separate from the orchestra), I thought she was marvelous.  No
matter how photogenic the lightweights may have appeared, they end up
being lightweights vocally as well, in comparison.  If I never hear Lucia's
and Butterfly's big scenes again, out of context; I'll survive.  Anna
Netrebko
seems now  to be the reigning diva of our time, and is displaying a bit more
poundage here and there too.  With a Maddalena and an Adriana that evoke
the supremacy of Milanov and Millo in those roles, who cares?  She was
stunning.  Bravi Giordano and Cilea!

dtmk