Subject: Dallas season 1
From: gordon young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 2 Nov 2016 10:07:05 -0500

Friday night the Dallas Opera opened its new season with Eugene Onegin and
this Friday Heggie's Moby Dick returns.
I don't know if it was the production or the opera that bored me. The first
act seemed longer than a Wagner opera with several pauses that were too
long and because of the unit set they seemed unnecessary. The action was
placed in a grove of poplar trees. A piano sat among the trees as was
Tatyana's bed ... but only a bed. As Tatyana's nurse brought her coffee or
tea there was no where to place it so she put it on a very short stack of
 Rarely do I leave a performance but after the second act I had had enough.
The singing was fine but the whole thing was just BORING!
As for Moby, I wonder if it will be as interesting on a second looking.

Modify your settings: