Subject: Re: Official word on Tell interrupted
From: Frank Cadenhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 31 Oct 2016 11:22:29 -0400

On Sun, 30 Oct 2016 09:01:04 -0400, Michael Liebert <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>On Sun, 30 Oct 2016 05:13:42 -0400, Frank Cadenhead
>wrote:
>>Silly tantrums here, but there was, obviously, a serious security issue to be
>>resolved.
>
>I guess you have difficulty with he English language.  I didn't complain
>about the cancellation(s).  They did what they thought was best at the time.
> Unfortunate, but I had no problem with it.
>
>My problem is with the Met's callous disregard for those of us heading to
>the Opera-house AFTER they decide to cancel; and also their stupid
>suggestion that everyone with a ticket call the same number at the same time
>on Monday.

You still sound silly, but now even stupid.  Although you never hear about it,
America is currently bombing seven different countries, each of which could very
well inspire retribution. I know France is far away but in case you missed it, there
was a terrorist attack at the Bataclan theater (named after an Offenbach opera)
last November 13th. Terrorist entered the theater and, in a three hour rampage,
killed 90 people and wounded many others. As a result, since that time you are
searched every time you enter a Paris public concert hall and pass through a body
scanner. Let me guess, there is no such protection at the Met. As the largest and
most public opera venue in America, the Met, like the World Series or Super Bowl,
clearly could be a principal target, the equivalent of the World Trade Center.
To cite the "callous disregard" of one man heading to the opera sounds like the
raving of a lunatic when the threat of terrorism is a clear and present danger.

Frank Cadenhead