Subject: Re: Elvis and opera
From: Don <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 31 Oct 2016 09:10:19 -0600

My favorite of all those "crossover" singers is Streisand in her album
Classical Barbara where she sings Faure, Scarletti, Debussy, Canteloube,
Schumann, Handel, Orff and a few others.  The critics were not kind at the
time although Glenn Gould wrote: "For me, the Streisand voice is one of the
natural wonders of the age, an instrument of infinite diversity and timbral
resource...Nothing in this album is insensitive or unmusical".
I still enjoy the album today, the voice was truly beautiful at that time.
dond

--
It's amazing how useful it can be.