Subject: Re: William Tell in the house..act 4 cancell5
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 30 Oct 2016 11:49:59 -0400

How good it feels not to have been a part of any of this - reading
Alan Savada's richly detailed account, makes  80 years seem not
long enough to have waited for a revival of this cunbersoome work.
The ballet music, along with the Overture, always sounded to me to
be among Rossini's most inspired moments, though I am by no means
a fan of dancing in an opera, so a production in which it arouses so
many gripes must be really perverse.  But for those who enjoy a good
snooze, I have always recommended TELL.

Something about the approach of Halloween, which was never rightly
called a "holiday", though it has now become second only to Christmas
in commercial attempts to cash in on it as one, seems to bring out the
worst in us.

Did I see an allusion to a "Halloween Eve" somewhere?  Only a linguistic
ignoramus could come up with that.

Boo!.

dtmk