Subject: Re: William Tell in the house..act 4 cancell5
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 29 Oct 2016 22:34:54 -0400

I was only 9 rows from the stage and never saw anyone approach the pit.
It was announced that the evening production, (Italiana in Algeri) was also
canceled.
So the Met is dark till Monday.
Never got to hear Hymel's last act aria (whose voice reminds me of a
heldentenor). Bah humbug.
Gerald Finley was wonderful.
I think this opera just was too much for me.  I really wanted to start
expunging things like complete ballet scenes and members of the chorus
who had nothing to do but stand around looking completely unproductive.
Having said that, the chorus, when it was performing, was nothing short of
superb.
Interesting and exciting goings on today.