Subject: Re: Official word on Tell interrupted
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 29 Oct 2016 19:18:54 -0400

That is idiotic for two reasons.  First, what about people, like me, who are from out of town
and can't just pop over to Lincoln Center to catch another performance of Tell?  Second, if the
management was concerned that someone put anthrax in the pit (obviously anthrax was the
concern), why tell the audience to stay in their seats and possibly inhale anthrax spores for
thirty more minutes?

The Met should offer every audience member a voucher for a substantial discount, based on
a percentage of the members Tell ticket price, on a ticket to any future Met performance this
season, including future performance of Tell.

I certainly am willing to cut the Met some slack in an emergency situation,  but they are really
handling this badly.  Terrible PR for a company on the ropes that can't afford to piss off its
audience.

MDW