Subject: Elvis and opera
From: Mark Bartelt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 28 Oct 2016 18:47:34 -0700

A recent LA Times article quotes Priscilla Presley as saying
(about Elvis) ...

"His taste was so diverse. Yes, he had country. Yes, he had
rhythm and blues. Yes, he had black music. But he also loved
opera and Bach and Brahms."

As someone who loves all of the above, I found it interesting.
Maybe others on the list were aware that Elvis's musical taste
was more diverse than most people assumed.

But I'm curious:  Does anyone happen to know whether he had any
favourite operas, composers, etc.?