Subject: Re: Sirius this morning around 8:15 am
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 28 Oct 2016 14:42:38 +0000

Idia:
It wouldn't have been Kraus. The only time Kraus ever sang Mario in Tosca was in Cairo, Egypt in 1956 or 1958, lone before he joined the Met. He was afraid of the role and felt that it required too much pushing into Dramatic Tenor Land. It had to be someone else. To my knowledge, he refused to sing it thereafter for the rest of his career.
Les