Subject: Master Class
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 27 Oct 2016 02:05:45 -0400

I have seen master classes that had a point. Eric Werba did a class on Lieder at the Teatro Colon and his point was to make the song fresh and present. He said there is no such thing as a right or wrong tempo, and that trying to repeat yesterday's performance is a big mistake. It sorted out a lot for me.

Roberta Peters, when she did the George London Master Class, worked for two days with the singers- no witnesses. Then on the third day the students sang for an audience. It gave them a chance to see how much of what they studied, they actually retained.
That is a great concept. Nora was most admiring of Peter's ability to teach. I believe it. She knows her stuff better than a lot of people.
RP

Sent from my iPhone