Subject: Re: The Old Metropolitan Opera House
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 Oct 2016 13:48:43 -0400

It was I, Donald Kane, who wrote that;  haven't I aired my
displeasure with the use of "Don" enough lately?  : ).

No, it is not dense to prefer modest, carefully detailed facades
of the late Victorian period, to the exhibitionistic, "World's Fair"
style that infects Lincoln Center: to me, the very idea of such a
conglomeration seemed misconceived from the outset - something
that might be expected in a place like D.C. or L.A.   Miles of the
kind of "ugly and undistinguished architecture", as you call it, that
      managed to survive the northward advance of business and fashion,
still line lower Broadway and Fifth Avenue, and has been carefully
preserved and adapted for thriving new businesses.  I think it is a
bit dense to live in a city and be so unaware of one of its prime
assets..

BTW, a lot of the sets so well cared for in the new location,
have deserved a fate far worse than a little rain or snow.

dtmk