Subject: Re: The Old Metropolitan Opera House
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 Oct 2016 10:23:38 -0400

Those flats on Seventh Avenue were particularly noticeable late on
Saturday afternoons in preparation for the evening performance while
the matinee was winding down. I remember seeing them during a
blinding snowstorm and wondering how they could possibly survive.

They did! ;-)

Donald, I saw a performance of "Zauberflote" at the Vienna Staatsoper
around 1970 from a box seat that rendered the stage totally invisible.
I do not think that the interior has been renovated since that time. Even
the worst seats at the Old Met had partial views.

Bob