Subject: Re: The Don
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 24 Oct 2016 20:30:21 +0100

I'm very glad to hear that Simon Keenlyside is back in business.  I think he's a very impressive singing actor.

Malin Bystrom strikes me as a brilliant talent who has struggled to find her repertoire center.  Big, beautiful voice, wide ranging and capable of florid execution.  I thought her Met Arabella was more good than great but I thought her "Idomeneo" Elettra at Covent Garden was stunning - vocally as well as visually - and I was surprised by the lukewarm reviews.

I thought her Jenufa in San Francisco was magnificent.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPhone